34 Chapman Road Geraldton
(08) 9965 2000
(08) 9921 7216Contact us
The spring selling season usually proves to be a busy time of year for the real estate market and this year looks to be no exception, particularly as buyers are keen to take advantage of the lowest interest rates in Australia’s history.
But just as the spring season brings buyers out of the woodworks, it also sees a lot more people selling, meaning if you’re looking to sell you’ll need to work harder to make your home stand out amongst other spring stock.
It’s best to get in early when selling in spring so you can take advantage of all of the fresh buyers coming onto the market who are frustrated by the low level of stock in winter and often serious about locking in a property as soon as they can.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare your property for the spring selling season:
• Make your home as spotless as possible by wiping down walls and windows and dusting away old cobwebs.
• Start spring-cleaning and throwing away any excess clutter (you’ll need to do this before you move house anyway).
• Pay attention to gardens and outdoor entertaining areas, as these areas tend to be popular places to hang out in spring. Mow lawns, neaten hedges and pull out weeds so your garden looks neat and tidy.
• Don’t be afraid to add a bit of colour through flowers, furnishings or textiles for spring open homes. This can help liven up your home and give off that fresh, spring feel.
• Fix up all of those odd maintenance jobs around the house. The sun will be shining brightly on your home during spring open homes so there’s nowhere to hide! Fix anything that needs to be fixed around the house including things like loose palings on the fence, dodgy letterboxes, or broken roof tiles.
With a bit of work on presentation, properties can look their best and brightest in spring, but you need to put in a little bit of extra effort to make sure that your property looks fresh and inviting when it hits the market, and stands out amongst the others.
If you want to have a chat about putting your home on the market in time for the spring selling season then get in touch with our office on 9965 2000 or visit http://www.professionals.com.au/selling-real-estate-faqs/